21st October 2007

California Pasta

posted in Main Dishes |

Tonight Lisa tossed linguine with spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, olives, and pine nuts to create a filling, delicious pasta dinner.

So where did this recipe come from?

My dad ordered the Daily Special at Hobee’s years ago and liked it so much that he recreated the recipe at home.

It’s really good — I like the mixture of all the different veggies. You should submit this to this week’s Presto Pasta Night round-up!

Remind people to thoroughly wash the spinach so they don’t crunch on dirt.

That just makes it an “earthy” meal, right? Hey, extra nutrients!

California Pasta
    —————-
    1 16 oz box linguine
    1 tbsp olive oil
    3 bunches spinach, cleaned, stemmed
    3/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
    3/4 cup pine nuts
    2 onions, sliced
    black pepper
    basil
    Italian seasoning
    1 bunch parsley, chopped
    8 oz chopped kalamata olives
    8 oz feta, crumbled

In a large pot, heat water to boiling for the linguine.
    When the water is boiling, add the linguine and cook for 10 minutes or until al dente, and drain.
    Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onions, pine nuts, and tomatoes. Add black pepper, basil, and Italian seasoning to taste. Sauté for 10 minutes.
    Little by little, add the spinach to the onion mixture and stir just until spinach wilts.
    Add the drained linguine to the skillet and mix thoroughly. Top with the parsley, olives, and feta cheese.

4-6 Servings

This entry was posted on Sunday, October 21st, 2007 at 8:46 pm and is filed under Main Dishes. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

There are currently 7 responses to “California Pasta”

On October 22nd, 2007,Gretchen Noelle said:

Greetings! I have been reading your blog here and there and it caught my eye today. No, not because I am a fan of pasta…sorry. But I was a HOBEE’S fan!!! I no longer live near one and haven’t in ages. Oh, how I miss their incredible coffee cake!!!!! Thanks for the reminder!

On October 22nd, 2007,JennDZ - The Leftover Queen said:

YUM YUM YUM! This is one of my favorite ways to eat pasta – so many little goodies!

On October 22nd, 2007,Cynthia said:

So where’s my fork?

On October 24th, 2007,Ruth Daniels said:

I’m drooling! Gorgeous photo and perfect sounding dish. Thanks for sharing with Presto Pasta Nights.

On October 25th, 2007,Chris said:

TasteSpotting #5052

On October 25th, 2007,Hillary (of Chew on That) said:

I was definitely going to say you MUST submit that to Presto Pasta Nights but it looks like you beat me to it! Well done – looks sooo good.

On October 25th, 2007,Cedar said:

That looks so incredibly delicious! I wish I had a big plate of it in front of me right now!