22nd November 2007

Sangria

posted in Beverages |

Hooray, an excuse to make Sangria — friends coming over for some early-afternoon eatin’ on Thanksgivin’!

Hey, this hits the spot! More please.

Wow, I love that picture you took! By the way, make sure people know I doubled the recipe shown below.

Sangria
    ——-
    1 orange
    1 lemon
    1 lime
    1/4 cup sugar
    1 750-ml bottle chilled red wine
    2 cups orange juice
    1/4 cup triple sec
    1/4 cup brandy

Slice the fruit, then mash at the bottom with the sugar. Add the wine, orange juice, triple sec, and brandy, and chill. Serve over ice, and garnish with additional fruit.

Makes 5 1/2 cups

This entry was posted on Thursday, November 22nd, 2007 at 7:37 pm and is filed under Beverages. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

There are currently 6 responses to “Sangria”

On November 25th, 2007,Cathleen said:

SERIOUSLY unfair to post this delicious-looking sangria when I CAN’T HAVE ANY!!!

Ask Lisa to tell you how well painting a bedroom works when you’ve had a pitcher of sangria and it’s 2am. ;-)

On November 26th, 2007,Brilynn said:

I definitely need to make sangria sometime in the very near future, it looks great!

On December 17th, 2007,Bob said:

what time of red wine should be used?

On December 17th, 2007,Chris said:

Hi Bob –

Any light or medium-bodied red wine would be fine, a Rioja would be ideal… don’t feel like you have to buy an expensive bottle!

On December 17th, 2007,Rendas said:

Sangria is very popular in Portugal and Spain.

The way I do it, I use the cheapest red wine avaible at the supermarket, fruit (orange) and a little Soda.

There are white wine, beer and champagne variations, but red wine sangria is great.

Some lessons I can share:
      never add bananas
      always serve fresh
      whiskey is fine, but very very little (less then a finger)

Drink with friends and
      have fun :)

On December 17th, 2008,Bobby said:

This Sangria was a big hit at my birthday party, that I had to make extra batches, so people could take it home!