16th January 2008

Oven-Baked Sweet Potato Fries

posted in Sides |

We had our last batch of leftover bean burgers last night (tear) and needed an easy side, so we baked up a batch of thick-cut sweet potato fries! Delicious!

Yum! What are these tossed in, and, uh… why are we eating them in ice-cream cups?

Um… they’re “sweet” potatoes?

Wow.

I know, it’s genius. Anyway, I tossed them with coarse-ground salt, some black pepper, red pepper powder, and a little truffle oil.

Fancy! You can still taste the sweetness of the potato, which is what I like.

Oven-Baked Sweet Potato Fries
    —————————–
    2 long, thin sweet potatoes
    1/2 tbsp olive oil
    coarse-ground sea-salt
    fresh ground pepper
    red pepper
    truffle oil

Preheat an oven to 400F. Cut the potatoes in wedges; I like leaving the skin on. In a bowl, toss the potatoes with the olive oil, salt, pepper, and red pepper. Arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet and cook for 20 minutes, then flip the fries and cook until nice and crispy. Remove from oven and add a bit more salt and drizzle with a touch of truffle oil for “fanciness”.

This entry was posted on Wednesday, January 16th, 2008 at 6:58 pm and is filed under Sides. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

There are currently 6 responses to “Oven-Baked Sweet Potato Fries”

On January 18th, 2008,Brilynn said:

These are a staple at my house, I love em.
      I need to get ice cream cups though, they make things infinitely better :p

On August 26th, 2008,Judith Lawrence said:

Is there a substitute I can use for the truffle oil – at least until I see if my family likes this recipe? Will the potatoes taste all right if the truffle oil is eliminated? I’d really like to try this recipe tonight (!). I’ve always eaten sw. pots. in many other forms, but this will be my first attempt at making sw. pot. fries. Tnx.

On August 26th, 2008,Chris said:

Judith — you can *totally* leave out the truffle oil and just season with salt and pepper, or paprika, or whatever you like!

I’ve found you have to watch the potatoes carefully… there’s a sweet spot between getting them a bit crisp and burning them … :)

On September 15th, 2008,Tracy said:

These are wonderful! I even like to sprinkle them with sugar if its for a nice treat.

On March 1st, 2009,trudy said:

Their in the oven now. Never made them before. Will season them when they are done. Let you know how they turned out.

On January 7th, 2010,Cat said:

We season ours with EVOO, salt, pepper, and cinnamon — mmmmmmm :0)