26th January 2008

Reduced Fat Fudge Brownie Cupcakes

posted in Desserts, Fitness Food |

Lisa made this recipe from the book Fitness Food. We didn’t have a baking pan that was the size the recipe asks for, so she used an 8×8 pan and put the remaining mix in muffin pan lined with paper cups. The recipe yielded a full 8×8 pan plus 4 cupcakes.

Yay for bonus cupcakes!

They’re so good with ice cream and that chocolate sauce. What’s with the walnut on that one brownie?

There was a walnut laying around, so why not?

Good call.

1 1/4 cup superfine sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp canola oil
7 oz low-fat vanilla yogurt
1/2 cup apple sauce
powdered sugar

Preheat the oven to 350. Spray an 12×8 baking dish with the oil and line the base and 2 long sides with baking paper. Sift the flours, baking soda, and cocoa powder into a large bowl. Combine the eggs, sugar, vanilla, oil, yogurt, and apple sauce. Add to the flour and mix well. Spread into baking dish. Bake for 30 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
The brownie will sink slightly in the center as it cools. Leave in the pan for 5 minutes before turning onto a wire rack to cool. Dust with powdered sugar, cut, and serve.

This entry was posted on Saturday, January 26th, 2008 at 5:42 pm and is filed under Desserts, Fitness Food. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

There are currently 5 responses to “Reduced Fat Fudge Brownie Cupcakes”

On February 3rd, 2008, Mansi Desai said:

these look really delicous! I love your blog, your “conversations” on each post, as well as your recipes!

I’m adding you to my blogroll:)

On February 4th, 2008, Carrie said:

I made these for the Superbowl yesterday and they turned out quite well. I think this recipe is a good base for experimentation- I added chai spices to the cupcakes.

All the recipes you guys post look delicious. This one is the first I’ve made, but I’ll be coming back for more. Thanks!

On February 4th, 2008, Chris said:

Carrie: Adding chai sounds delicious — glad it worked out!

On August 27th, 2008, Al@applesaucerecipe said:

Fantastic use of apple sauce! Adds moisture without all the fat! And if you use homemade apple sauce, you miss out on all of the added coloring and preservatives!

On January 31st, 2010, diet said:

I just added your site to my favorites. I enjoy reading your posts. Thanks!