25th September 2007

Turkey Chili

Tonight Lisa made an easy chili recipe from the cookbook Turn Up The Heat with G. Garvin — nice on this cool fall day.

Carrie says:

I like this because it’s filling but still tastes… healthy.

This was so easy to make! It ruled because it was meaty.

Can’t talk. Eating.

2 tsp chili powder
    1/2 tsp groudn cumin
    1/2 tsp salt
    1/8 tsp black pepper
    sour cream
    green onions

In a large roasting pan heat olive oil over medium heat. Add turkey, onion, and garlic. Cook until turkey is browned. Drain off fat. Add undrained tomatoes, undrained red beans, bell pepper, jalapeno, chili powder, cumin, salt, and black pepper; stir to combine. Bring to a simmer; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 25 to 30 minutes or until flavors are blended. Top with sour cream and green onions.

6-8 servings.

This entry was posted on Tuesday, September 25th, 2007 at 11:05 pm and is filed under Main Dishes, Turn Up The Heat. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

There are currently 4 responses to “Turkey Chili”

On March 28th, 2012,TFreelon said:

I cooked this last night after hearing G. Garvin talk about it on The Steve Harvey morning radio show. I am NOT a chili eater by ANY means, but my hubby is, so i though i’d try it. It was really good. Then I added a little SMIDGE (maybe a tbsp) of brown sugar, and it was FANTASTIC! I topped it with the shredded cheddar, green onions, sour cream and Avacado slices. YUMMY! So easy to mak and doesn’t have to be “brewed” for 3 days like some chili enthusiasts swear by.

On March 28th, 2012,Chris said:

What I like about this one is that it’s so meaty! :)

On August 27th, 2012,bernard boone said:

My wife cooked this and me and my son tore it up. We ate the whole pot. Thanks G!

On October 29th, 2012,Shakeeta said:

Will be trying this soon. I was just thinking about how this is good “chilli” weather. And G. Garvin was the first person I thought about for a recipe to try. This will be my first time making homemade chilli. Wish me luck. :-)