10th October 2007

Gremolata-Stuffed Chicken Breasts with Tomato Relish

After spending a long weekend in Santa Fe eating tons of Southwestern and Mexican food, we wanted to have a light dinner that didn’t take a lot of time to prepare. I found this recipe in the Weight Watchers Great Cooking Everyday cookbook. We served it with orzo tossed with lemon juice and parsley.

Yay! Sushi?!

Looks like it, but nope… stuffed chicken breasts! But I’ll put it on our sushi plate set. This was super simple to make, and looks pretty cool.

Yeah it looks complicated. I like it. You definitely need the tomatoes, they add a lot of flavor. I think it would be pretty bland without it.

Agreed. I do like that filling, though.

Gremolata-Stuffed Chicken Breasts with Tomato Relish
    —————————————————-
    4 large plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
    2 tsp olive oil
    2 tsp balsamic vinegar
    1/4 tsp salt
    freshly ground pepper
    1 cup packed fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
    2 garlic cloves, minced
    1/2 tsp grated lemon zest
    1/4 tsp salt
    1/4 tsp ground pepper
    4 1/4 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts

To prepare the relish, combine the tomatoes, oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper in a bow; cover and let stand at room temperature.
    Preheat the oven to 450. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray. Combine the parsley, garlic, lemon zest, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
    Place the chicken breasts between 2 sheets of waxed paper, skinned side down. Pound the chicken to 1/4-inch thickness, using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Remove and discard the top sheet of wax paper; spread the chicken with the parsley mixture. Start with the narrower ends and roll each chicken breast around the filling. Remove and discard the rest of the wax paper.
    Place the chicken, seam side down, on the baking sheet. Bake until the chicken is cooked through, 10-12 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes. Slice each breast on the diagonal into four pieces. Serve with the relish.

Serves 4 (Yeah, right. In WW land. Try 2-3)

This entry was posted on Wednesday, October 10th, 2007 at 9:17 pm and is filed under Main Dishes, Weight Watchers. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

There are currently 3 responses to “Gremolata-Stuffed Chicken Breasts with Tomato Relish”

On October 11th, 2007,Blue Starr Photography said:

“YAY!” say Nicole…”you used the plate set I gave you!”

On October 11th, 2007,Anna said:

What a great idea!

I love anything that looks like sushi… I have to try this really soon.

On February 14th, 2009,J said:

This looks great! I agree that the tomato relish would add necessary flavor. I really want to try this with some different ingredients, maybe some sushi-ish stuff.